Wednesday, February 18, 2009

sticker obsession

So Macie loves stickers. She loves to use them all at one time... sharing them with whomever is around and occasionally "decorating" her room with them. A few days ago she decorated her face. Cute, right? I wish I wasn't so OCD and could share in her joy. As a child, I RARELY ever used my stickers. I liked to leave them stuck to the paper so I could go back and admire my collection whenever I wanted. I would order the stickers from the book club each month... I would save stickers I got for Valentines or Halloween or whatever. So it has been a little difficult for me to watch her "waste" her stickers like that. But maybe it isn't such a waste... She truly enjoys her stickers. And I guess, at the time, I did too, even though I never stuck them to anything. Maybe Macie is right. Maybe I need to "chill out".
Yes, she really did say that to me.
For the record... Do you know what I ended up doing with all of my stickers I saved throughout my childhood? I gave them away. As a reward. For the kids I worked with in the schools - after every speech therapy session. I even took the time to cut around the stickers that were all on one sheet of paper. You know, for those kids who don't want to "waste" their stickers. :)
Of course Lexie could not be left out...

1 comments:

The Mueller's said...

If it makes you feel any better, I also "saved" my stickers. And it also bothers me tremendously that Abby also "wastes" her stickers. Kids these days just don't realize the value of a sticker. :) Oh, and where are my stickers today? Still in my dresser drawer at my parents...waiting for Abby to admire and hopefully save them also.